The SoundPals SYNCPAL is designed to compensate for video/audio out-of-sync problems when the AES audio is embedded in the HD video channel. The SYNCPAL de-embeds the audio signal, delays as necessary and the re-embeds it back into the HD channel. It is a 16 channel (4 AES groups) audio delay solution which ties the audio delay to video frame delay values. The SYNCPAL delays all 16 channels up to 49.9 video frames and is adjustable in 0.1 frame steps using three decade switches. There are four valid AES input led’s as well as a valid reference led. The units will accept any sample rates between 32kHz and 50kHz.
– One HD-embedded video input
– Two HD-embedded video outputs
– 10-position rotary 0.1 frame delay switch
– 10-position rotary 1.0 frame delay swicth
– 4-position rotary 10.0 frame delay switch
– Valid AES indictaor led’s (4 each)
– Valid reference led – Data Resolution: 24 Bits
– All Channel Status and User Bits pass through at same delay as audio
– Optional rack mounting tray (1 RU)
– Compact size, rugged construction
1) X10 Frame Delay Switch — the 10-position rotary X10 Frame Delay Switch allows you to select frame delay in multiples of 10 frames per step. (Note: frame rate is only accurate at 48kHz sample rate.)
2) X1 Frame Delay Switch — the 10-position rotary X1 Frame Delay Switch allows you to select frame delay in multiples of 1 frame per step. (Note: frame rate is only accurate at 48kHz sample rate.)
3) X.1 Frame Delay Switch — the 10-position rotary X.1 Frame Delay Switch allows you to select frame delay in multiples of 0.1 (10th of a frame) frames per step. (Note: frame rate is only accurate at 48kHz sample rate.)
4) Reference LED — when lit this green led indicates a valid AES reference either using the external reference BNC’s or AES input channel 1 depending on the selection of the Reference Switch on the rear of the unit.
5) Valid AES Input led’s — these four green led’s indicate you have a valid AES input for each of the led’s that is illuminated.
6) PWR — the green Power LED lights when power is applied.