The Simlatus 16×16 analog video plus stereo audio broadcast router is designed for the highest performance and most demanding applications. The system consists of two separate 1RU frames. The first frame contains the 16×16 video router. The second frame houses one or two 16×16 audio cross-point modules, and is connected via a 15-wire control cable, up to 25 feet long. Small routing switchers are an essential part of almost every television facility. In a modern television plant how these small routers are designed can have a major effect of their versatility and ease of use. Unlike most small routing switchers this 16×16 has important features such as:
- Modular design. Separate plug-in modules for 16×16 video and each channel of 16×16 audio. There are no active components in the frame.
- Plug-in power-supply modules. Each frame has two front load slots for power supplies. One supply is standard. The second supply is the redundant power supply option. True load power monitoring with remote indicators included for both power supplies. The video and audio power supplies are identical.
- A standard computer hardware based Ethernet 10Base2 single coax connection remote control panel system.
- Because of Simlatus unique ‘control panel cradle’, model CR100 & CR200, local control panels can be easily moved to the 10Base2 remote network and vice-versa.
- A wide selection of AFV and breakaway types of local and/or remote control panels.
- Easy to use removable 3 position screw connectors for each audio input and output.
- Built-in RS232 user serial port, with a simple and flexible protocol.
- Vertical interval switching referenced to an external input.